Flyging med HG og PG i Dolomittene, VIKTIG INFORMASJON!
Jeg har fått følgende informasjon fra min italienske kollega som seksjonen bør informere våre medlemmer om:
Last year we had very serious problems in the Dolomites (expecially in Canazei – Col Rodella – Pordoi – Marmolada). The presence of hundreds pilot (from all Europe) in the air space caused danger when the helicopter for medical search & rescue was in the air.
Pilots continued to fly near the helicopter (someone was filming the operations with his camera near the helicopter!) and do not let the helicopter fly in the area to do its work. Someone suffered for late rescue and risked his life because the rescue service could not fly in the area because of many paragliders did not let the space free. In one case a pilot flied so near the helicopter (in the meanwhile the same was operating with a medician attached to the capstan) that the wing closed and crashed in to the ground (se the rescue was for 2 pilot in one time!).
The helicopter, in September/October 2011 rescued about 70 paragliders/hangliders in the Canazei area (but it came many other times for alpinists, bikers etc.). The problem is that paragliding pilots are unpolite and they do not respect rules.
We risked the Dolomites area to be closed for free flight!
Now I ask you all to publish in your websites the document attached. It is important to advise pilots:
1) IN ITALY IF THEY NEED RESCUE THE NUMEBER IS 118 AND ONLY 118 (NOT 113-115 …);
2) IF THE HELICOPTER (RED OR YELLOW) ARRIVES THEY (MANDATORY) HAVE TO MOVE AND FLY 2 Km AWAY THE OPERATION AREA
3) IF HELICOPTER ARRIVES THEY HAVE TO TELL THEY FRIENDS IN FLIGHT BY RADIO TO FLY 2KM AWAY (or to land if it is not possible to move).
4) IF THE RADIO MESSAGE IS NOT UNDERSTOOD THEY HAVE TO DO “EARS” WITH THE PARAGLIDER TO ADVISE (as in competitions).
5) IF THE HELICOPTER IS STPPED IN THE AIR IN HOVERING IT DOES NOT MEAN IT HAS REACHED THE RESCUE PLACE (maybe it is only waiting paragliding pilots to move away!)
6) PILOTS CAN FIND SMOKE BOMBS IN CANAZEI LANDING AREA: IF THEY HAVE AN ACCIDENT AND THEY ARE IN DANGER OD NEED MEDICAL HELP THEY HAVE TIO LIGHT THE RED SMOKE BOMB. IF THEY DO NOT NEED HELP LIGHT THE GREEN SMOKE BOMB OR FOLD THE WING (if possible).
Tank you for your help
I’m sure you will publish the attached file and advise all pilots as soon as possible. We really risk not to fly anymore in Dolomites if we cause accidents/damages/danger when the rescue helicopter is working